Saturday, August 10, 2013

Back on American soil

First, I want to apologize for keeping this a secret. The contract with my school was scheduled to end on August 16th and my little sister's college graduation was August 10th. So, with only a week between the two dates, I decided to come home in time for her graduation and in order to surprise her, I had to keep it quiet. I hope you understand.

Here are the answers to the questions I predict you may have. 

1. What happened? Why are you coming home early?
Since April, we have been dealing with daily threats of our school closing, wondering if we would get paid, and stressing about drama between the Korean teachers and the director of our school. After months of threats, blackmail, and being faced with the options of selling or losing his business, the director of our school decided to sell. I met the new owners of the school (the ones responsible for all the threats and blackmail) and I decided I no longer wanted to work for people with such poor character. With the school closing, I was left with 3 choices, work for the new owners, find another school and sign a new contract, or come home. I couldn't imagine signing to spend another year in Korea so my decision was to come home. 

2. What now?
Prior to leaving for Korea, I sold almost everything I owned, all my furniture and belongings as well as my car. Starting over again with nothing to my name, I feel the wisest decision for me is not to return to Dallas at this time. So, I am currently living in Killeen, TX, the city my parents live in and the best part is, it's only 2 and a half hours away from Dallas :) 

3. When will you be back in Dallas?
I'm hoping to make a trip that way the 3rd or 4th week in August. I promise to let everyone know as soon as I know for sure. 

P.S. I have a new phone number so if you message me your number I will send you a text with my new number. 
P.S.S. Killeen has two fabulous places to go two stepping and there is plenty of room to sleep in my parents 5 bedroom house for anyone who feels like a short weekend roadtrip ;) ;) 

I've missed you all so much and I can't wait until I get to see you again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment