Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Single Matters Article - Am I Not Pretty Enough

Friday night, I went to a coffee shop to watch my lovely friend Julie perform. She is a very talented singer, and every time she plays I jump at the chance to go listen to her sing. I’ve listened to her many times before, but this night she sang songs I have never heard before. In the middle of singing her heart out through songs she had written, both past and present, about heartache and love, she sang a Kasey Chambers song called “Not Pretty Enough.” Here are part of the lyrics:
 
Am I not pretty enough?
 
Is my heart too broken?
 
Do I cry too much?
 
Am I too outspoken?
 
Don’t I make you laugh?
 
Should I try it harder?
 
Why do you see right through me?
 
 
As Julie sang these words I fought back the tears created by an emotional tug on my heart. I thought about how many times I’ve felt that way, wondering “What’s wrong with me, why not me?”



In fact, several months ago I asked a guy that very question....


The complete article can be found at the online Christian magazine Single Matters by clicking this link http://www.singlematters.com/am-i-not-pretty-enough/

No comments:

Post a Comment